Embracing 2017 Goals with Virtual Hugs and High Fives
(PLUS a free Goal Recipe Card template so you can bake one helluva 2017 cake)
Let's all hug each other (virtually, of course) and throw around some air high fives. Was 2016 a beast or what?
As I enter the realms of 2017, I can't help but reflect with pride all the amazing things I achieved last year. In July 2016, I made the brave decision to walk away from the conformity that, while keeping me safe, has been holding me back from a greater sense of happiness and fulfillment.
And, I am so happy.
As is tradition, I sat down on New Year's Eve to note my achievements and lessons learnt throughout this incredible year. I also noted my goals for 2017.
Now, I don't just do puffy, fluffy, feel good goals. I do goals with clarity. Goals that enable me to focus... on outcomes. And if you want in on outcomes, then I've got a sweet treat for you.
Check out the link below to download my free Goal Recipe Card template. It works just like a regular recipe card. And, just as they have helped Betty Crocker bake hella-awesome cakes, these Recipe Cards are SUPER helpful in getting to the nitty gritty of your goal planning so you can make hella-awesome things happen too. Enjoy!
My 2016 Achievements
- In August 2016, I officially launched my copywriting business and started freelancing. As a sole trading business, I've managed to earn money from paying clients since the day before I was official. To this day, I've still not spent a cent on advertising and continue to receive referrals and recommendations from friends, former colleagues and my broader network of peers. #grateful
In case you missed it, I wrote a whole blog about the power and importance in having genuine relationships with people.
- In November 2016, I started writing two (yes, two!) books that I can't wait to publish and share, hoping to inspire creation in the insanely boring corporate speak world.
- In December 2016, I committed myself to a 1,000 words a day writing challenge to help me complete my first book in a month! I've got a post coming up on this next - but let's say the festive hams and sweet treats distracted me from reaching my goal (regrettably).
My 2016 Learnings
- Patience - as a result of all my writing and idea generation, I've learnt to be patient. In fact, I'm still learning. My brain has finally been freed to churn; to generate, create, inspire - and I can't control it! If I could run 20 ideas at a time, then I would. But I must exercise patience. Do one thing at a time and do it well. The time for all the other ideas will come too!
- Reconnect with purpose - As a result of some tough experiences this year, I learnt to reconnect with my purpose and my sense of being. For too long I was neglecting my physical and emotional wellbeing in my drive to be valued by others. Regular meditation keeps me grounded.
- What I want and need also matters - knowing these leads us to internal bliss and fulfillment. Less worrying about the non essential; more focus on the stuff that matters.
My 2017 Goals
With this inspiration in mind, I'm looking forward to meeting some #amazeballs 2017 goals!
- Publish both books in 2017.
- Replicate my previous full-time monthly income by May.
- Weekly content is scheduled a month in advance (this is a lot of work for me ;))
- Introduce an e-course.
- Move to the coast (or Germany, or Christchurch - whichever comes first!).
- Meditate daily.
- Be a better, more connected and present partner, daughter, granddaughter, friend, and human (hey, one puff goal to keep me honest).
I'm so excited for the possibility that 2017 brings and I'm grateful for the support and opportunity to practice my craft I've received so far. 2017 will be a cracker of a year and I can't bloody wait!
Make sure you check out the 2017 Goal Recipe Card template - works just like a proper cake recipe template (only better cuz this one makes sweet success cakes).
I'd love you to share your goals and gratitudes in the comments below :)
(cover photo credit: @stoney.photography)